Warner has publicly selected Harris as his replacement in the Kangaroo Test team.
Australian cricket team’s veteran left-handed batsman David Warner is going to say goodbye to Test cricket very soon. It is noteworthy that Warner is all set to bid farewell to Red Cricket after the Sydney Test match against Pakistan starting on Wednesday, January 3.
So, after the departure of David Warner, the names of many contenders are coming forward for this post in the Australian team. However, the biggest name among these names is that of Marcus Harris. Warner himself has publicly said that Marcus has the potential to become his successor.
On the other hand, now after his Test debut against India in 2018, a big statement of 31-year-old Harris has come out. Let us tell you that Harris has played 14 test matches for Australia so far, which also includes the Ashes series of 2022.
Marcus Harris gave a big statement
Let us tell you that regarding his claim in the Australian team, Marcus Harris said in an interview to Sydney Herald – This gives me confidence that they (Australia) have seen me as the next opening batsman. Right now, I’m thinking I haven’t done anything wrong for this not to happen. My performance has been good for a long time. I think I accomplished what I wanted to do.
Harris further said- Your confidence does not diminish because you have not been dropped on the basis of form. You may have heard that he was done in 2019, and he (Marcus Harris) probably won’t play again. But the last two years have been great years of his cricket career.
Also read- IPL 2024: ‘Salesman’s skills are good’ Justin Langer made a big revelation in his conversation with LSG owner Sanjiv Goenka.